Joys & Concerns Check In
Story – Because Amelia Smiled by David Ezra Stein
- What did you like about the story?
- What if we told that story about what’s going on now?
- What do you think it would look like if the story started, “Because everyone stayed home…?”
Let’s make our own story. I’m going to start it, and then call on each of you to add a little bit. I’ll type as we go so we can share it with others when we’re done.
- Because I had a question, I had to call….
- Because my socks were inside out…
- Because the cat liked to listen to jazz music…
- Read stories back to group
- Ask group to illustrate story and send you pictures to be assembled into a book
- Ask kids & parents for feedback about timing/structure/etc
- Optional – kids’ “coffee hour” free time
Leave a Reply